We, Us, Our and CMOBILE means CMobile Pty Ltd ABN 53 158 824 447; and
You, Your and Yourself means the customer entering into the Standard Agreement with CMOBILE.
We are committed to protecting Your privacy
We know that how We use, collect and exchange Your personal information is important to You and as such, CMOBILE is committed to protecting the privacy of Your personal and other information.
We comply with Australian privacy laws
CMOBILE is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) upon which this Policy is based.
Information we collect
The types of information we may collect includes:
- Your name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your address(es);
- Your telephone number(s);
- Your email address(es);
- Your occupation and details about your employer(s);
- Your driver’s licence number;
- Your Medicare number;
- Your passport number;
- Your financial information such as your credit card number or bank account details;
- service details (e.g. service type, location, date, time, duration of calls, volume of data sent or received, called numbers, expenditure etc);
- Your personal preferences; and
- a history of all communications between You and CMOBILE.
How We collect Your information
We may collect information about You in a number of ways including:
- directly from You via Our interactions with You (for example, when You apply for a CMobile service, when You phone or email Us, when You use Our online portal or visit Our website);
- from Your use of Our services (for example, Your use of Our website, and Your use of Our mobile services);
- from third parties such as service providers and credit reporting bodies or, if applicable, Your representatives; and
- from publicly available sources such as Facebook, LinkedIn and online search facilities.
If You choose not to supply certain information requested by Us, We may not be able to provide You with any of Our services.
How We use Your information
We may use Your information for a number of purposes connected with Our business. These purposes include:
- verifying Your identity and processing Your application for CMOBILE products and services;
- conducting credit checks, credit scoring activities and fraud checks;
- providing products and services to You, including providing information to You about such products and services;
- preparing and issuing Your bills, and collecting money owed to Us for use or purchase of CMOBILE products and services;
- updating and administering your account details and the products and services We supply to You;
- dealing with Your requests, enquiries or complaints and any other customer care related activities;
- pricing, designing and marketing Our products, and carrying out market, product and service analysis activities generally;
- registering Your details and fulfilling any requests or requirements You may have in relation to competitions, promotions, rewards, discounts, loyalty schemes or any other benefits available to You as a customer;
- for direct marketing of products, services and special offers that We think will be of interest to You, including products and services offered by a third party. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing at any time by contacting Us at the details provided at the end of this Policy;
- to monitor network performance, quality and use, and to test, operate and upgrade Our systems;
- complying with Our legal obligations and assisting law enforcement agencies or regulatory or government authorities; or
- any other purpose related to the purposes described above and where permitted by law
When We disclose Your information
We disclose Your information with third parties who provide services to CMOBILE. We may disclose Your information to:
- credit providers and credit reporting bodies for credit related purposes such as assessing Your credit worthiness. If You fail to meet Your payment obligations to Us and are in arrears $150 or more for at least 60 days, We may be entitled to disclose that failure to credit reporting bodies and place a default listing on your credit file;
- law enforcement agencies and regulatory and government authorities;
- Our dealers, distributors and agents, or any other CMOBILE related company for purposes that are connected with providing You with wireless communication services, and with which You would reasonably expect Us to disclose, share or receive personal information about You; and
- for the purpose of facilitating the transfer or sale of all or part of Our business or assets.
We may otherwise disclose Your personal information where required by law.
Sending information overseas
At CMOBILE we pride ourselves on being 100% Australian owned and operated and as such, We do not send any of Your information overseas.
Quality and security of your information
We keep all records (hard copy and electronic) on Our premises and systems and on Our third party service provider systems. We take reasonable steps to ensure Your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date, and We will take reasonable steps to protect Your information from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Where We no longer require Your personal or other information, We will take reasonable steps to destroy or otherwise de-identify that information.
We train Our employees and ensure they are aware of their obligations and CMOBILE’s obligations with regards to the privacy of Your information.
Accessing, correcting and updating Your information
You can request Us to provide You with access to Your personal information or to correct or update any incorrect personal information we hold on You. Requests for the information we hold on You, including Your credit information, or to correct or update Your personal information, can be made by calling CMOBILE Customer Care on 1300 545 000 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receiving Your request, we will take reasonable steps to provide You with access to Your personal information or correct or update the personal information we hold on You unless prohibited by law.
Generally CMOBILE does not charge a fee for accessing Your information upon Your request; however there may be a fee where the request would require CMBOBILE to devote a significant amount of time and resources to complying with the request. In this case, We will provide You with a quote before we proceed to process Your request.
We will endeavour to make Your information available to You within 30 days of Your request.
We will acknowledge Your complaint initially and will then respond to Your complaint within 30 days or such longer period as reasonably agreed with You. We will keep You updated of the progress We are making with Your complaint. If You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman at the details below.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Postal address: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
Phone: 1800 062 058
Postal address: PO Box 276, Collins Street West VIC 8007